This course is designed for 16-19 and 19+ year olds.
Our plumbing course is designed to give you all the specific skills required to be able to work within the Plumbing Industry.
In your first year you will work towards achieving the Certificate in Construction Skills (Plumbing) Level 1, before moving onto the Diploma in Plumbing Studies Level 2, and finally, the Advanced Technical Diploma in Plumbing Level 3.
This plumbing course is perfect for those who do not currently work within the Plumbing Industry but who are looking to start or change their career. It is a package of qualifications designed to provide learners with a fantastic understanding of all aspects of plumbing.
If you join Waltham Forest College, you will leave your plumbing course with 6 industry relevant qualifications which will give you a competitive edge when stepping into the world of work.
After the first 2 years, you will have the option to study a Level 3 NVQ, delivered by the College, alongside working in the industry. The NVQ will give you the extra level of certification you need to work as a Plumber in a commercial setting.
Throughout the course you will receive training which reflects the reality of the industry and provides you with a comprehensive understanding of the skills and knowledge required to progress your career.
The course is scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical.
This course will lead to:
- Plumbing, Level 3 (after completion of Level 2)
- Transition to T Level in Construction (after completion of Level 2)
- Employment into the Plumbing Industry
- NVQ Level 3 at Waltham Forest College – If you wish to further enhance your skills in the workplace then the NVQ Level 3 will allow you to work in the commercial industry.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Level 1 (Year 1) – 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English and maths.
- Level 2 (Year 2) – must have achieved both GCSEs to at least grade 4 in English and maths. A science GCSE is also preferred. You must also have completed the Level 1 qualification.
- Level 3 (Year 3) – You must have completed Levels 1 and 2
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Electrical principles and processes
- Common plumbing processes
- Cold water systems
- Domestic hot water systems
- Central heating systems
- Drainage systems
You will be assessed across a mixture of theory and practical assignments which will be carried out to industry standards.
The assessment methods will be a mix of the below:
- Practical assessments
- Theory based assessments
- Online exams
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following three standards: