This course is designed for persons aged 16+. This qualification will allow you to develop skills as a bricklayer and teach you construction technologies.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 2 (E) or above including English and Maths or Progression from a Level 1 Diploma in Basic Construction course
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and safety / tool identification. Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Information, quantities and communicating with others
- Building methods and construction technology
- Carry out basic brick and block laying skills
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a Qualified Assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
- In addition to this you will be required to pass two multiple-choice external online examinations
- Your Personal Tutor will prepare and support you for all assessments and online exams
This course will lead to progression to Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying, employment as a hod carrier/ Brickies mate or an Apprenticeship.