This course is designed for 19+ adults. This qualification will allow you to enjoy practical work and would like to develop their skills in Construction.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and Maths.
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and Safety
- Tool Identification
- Carry out Safe Working Practices
- Basic knowledge of technical and practical skills across a variety of trade subjects
You will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a qualified assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
This course will lead you to progression to a Level 1 or 2 (depending on assessed ability) Diploma in Carpentry, Bricklaying, Plumbing, Electrical Installation and Painting and Decorating. Alternatively, you could consider work-based learning and employment opportunities.
This course provides a good foundation for future career opportunities or progression to a more advanced work related qualification such as an Apprenticeship.