This course is designed for persons aged 16+. This qualification will give you an introduction to Carpentry mainly working in the workshop doing basic joinery.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 1(G) or above including English and Maths or Progression from a Level 1 Diploma in Basic Construction course
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and safety / tool identification.
- Carry out safe working practices in construction
- Safe working practice
- Knowledge of building methods and construction technology
- Produce basic woodworking joints
- Prepare and use power tools
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a Qualified Assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
- In addition to this you will be required to pass two multiple-choice external online examinations
- Your Personal Tutor will prepare and support you for all assessments and online exams
This course will lead to progression onto the Level 2 Diploma in Site Carpentry or an Apprenticeship.