This course is designed for persons aged 17+. This qualification will allow you to develop your skills further as a Painter and Decorator.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and Maths
- Or progression from Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and Safety
- Tool Identification
- Carry Out Safe Working Practices
- Building Methods and Construction Technology
- Prepare Surfaces for Decoration
- Apply Standard Papers to Walls and Ceilings
- Produce Specialist Decorative Finishes
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a qualified assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
- Multiple choice online examination x2
This course will lead to progression and continue developing your skills with an industry related Level 3 Diploma.
You could also consider going straight into employment as some of our current students have been successful in obtaining work in the trade or an Apprenticeship.