This course is designed for persons aged 16+. This qualification will allow you to develop your skills further in Electrical Installation.
This course is ideal if you would like to secure work carrying out 1st and 2nd Fix Electrical work and contracting.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including English, Maths nd Science
- Or progression from Level 1 Diploma in Basic Construction
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and Safety
- Tool Identification.
- Carry out Safe Working Practices
- The Theory of Electrical Installation including; The science that makes electricity; the technology behind how it is generated, transmitted, distributed and installed; renewable energy
- You will also learn the practical skills needed for electrical installation. This will include containment systems, various wiring systems, the installation of accessories, switch gear and machinery
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a Qualified Assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
- Multiple choice online examination x4
This course will lead to progression to a Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installations or employment.
This course provides a good foundation for future career opportunities or progression to a more advanced work related qualification such as an Advanced Apprenticeship.