This course is designed for persons 19+ adults. This qualification will allow you to develop your skills further in Electrical Installation. This course ideal if you would like to eventually secure work on a site carrying out 1st and 2nd Fix domestic Electrical work or if you are currently working and can only commit to one day a week at college.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D(3) or above including English and Maths at least Grade C(4) or above/equivalent
- Progression from a Level 1 Diploma in Electrical Installation
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and safety / tool identification
- Carry out safe working practices
- The Theory of Electrical Installation including: The science that makes electricity; the technology behind how it is generated, transmitted, distributed and installed; renewable energy
- You will also learn the practical skills needed for electrical installation. This will include containment systems, various wiring systems, the installation of accessories, switch gear and machinery
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a Qualified Assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
- In addition to this you will be required to pass four multiple-choice external online examinations
- Your Personal Tutor will prepare and support you for all assessments and online exams
This course will lead you to Electrical Installation Level 3 course, provided the entry requirements are met.
Alternatively, you could seek employment as an Electricians mate or a mature apprenticeship. There is a skills shortage currently which has shown a sharp growth in apprenticeship opportunities. Speak to a member of the team for further information.