This course is designed for persons aged 17+. This qualification will allow you to develop your skills further as a Painter and Decorator.
This course will lead to progression and continue developing your skills with an industry related Level 3 Diploma.
You could also consider going straight into employment as some of our current students have been successful in obtaining work in the trade or an Apprenticeship.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) or above including English and Maths
• Or progression from Level 1 Diploma in Painting & Decorating
• Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
• Health and Safety
• Tool Identification
• Carry Out Safe Working Practices
• Building Methods and Construction Technology
• Prepare Surfaces for Decoration
• Apply Standard Papers to Walls and Ceilings
• Produce Specialist Decorative Finishes
Your course will be assessed via:
• Observation of your practical work by a qualified assessor
• Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
• Multiple choice online examination x2