This course is designed for persons aged 17+. This qualification will allow you to develop your skills further as a site Carpenter. This ideal if you would like to secure work on a site carrying out 1st and 2nd Fix Carpentry.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Progression from a suitable Level 1 Construction course
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Carpentry tasks such as fitting kitchen units
- Assembling roofs and floors and fitting doors and windows
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a Qualified Assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
- You will be required to pass two multiple-choice external online examinations
- Your Personal Tutor will prepare and support you for all assessments and online exams
This course will lead to the Level 2 Diploma. The natural progression is to continue developing your skills with an industry related Level 3 Diploma.
You could also consider going straight into employment as some of our current students have been successful in obtaining work in the trade or an Apprenticeship.