This course is designed for 18+ adults.
This qualification prepares candidates for the initial
verification and periodic inspection of electrical installation work.
It is aimed at practising electricians who have carried out little or no inspection and testing since qualifying (Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation and the 18th Edition courses).
This course supersedes both the C&G 2394 and C&G 2395 combined and is recognised by the NICEIC, Napit, Elecsa, and the JIB, as a pre-requisite towards registering as an Approved Contractor and Qualified Electrician respectively.
This course will run for:
- 6 days, 9am-5pm, or
1 evening per week for 14 weeks, 6pm-9pm
This course will lead to:
It allows successful candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
- Level 4 Award in the Design and Verification of Electrical Installations
- ILM Management and Leadership qualifications
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Although there are no formal qualifications required for this electrical verification course, it is expected that you should have a good knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles.
- Previous experience of electrical installation work, either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade is essential.
It is best suited to those who are working within the electrical industry and who are actively involved with the inspection and testing process with previous experience of live boards. It is also useful for you to have an understanding of three-phase systems.
Candidates will need a copy of the following textbooks:
- BS 7671:20122
- BS 7671 On site Guide
- Bs 7671 Guidance Note 3
This course consists of the following aspects:
- Understand the requirements for inspection and testing
- Understand safety management procedures when undertaking inspection and testing
- Understand the requirements for the inspection of electrical installations
- Understand the requirements for testing electrical installations
- Perform inspection and testing of electrical installation
Units of study:
- 052 Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing Online
- Multiple Choice Test
- 502 Initial and Periodic Inspection and Testing Practical Assignment
You will be assessed via the following 3 components:
- Evolve online exam
- Written exam
- Practical assessment