This course is designed for 19+ adults. This qualification will allow you to develop your skills further in Electrical Installation. This course ideal if you have completed the Level 2 Electrical Installation Diploma and would like to eventually secure work on a site carrying out 1st and 2nd Fix domestic Electrical work or if you are currently working and can only commit to one day a week at college.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade D(3) or above including English and Maths at least Grade C(4) or above/equivalent
- Progression from City & Guilds Level 2 in Electrical Installation (C&G 2365, C&G 2330, C&G 2357)
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Health and safety / tool identification
- Carry out safe working practices
Advanced Electrical Installation theory including:
- Renewable energy
- Electrical science
- Inspection and Testing
- Fault Diagnosis and Rectification
- System Design
You will be assessed via:
- Online and written exams
- Practical assessments
- 301: Renewable Energy (Online exam 1hr 15min)
- 302: A written science exam (2 hours) and a practical assessment (20mins)
- 303: 2 assignments and a practical assessment (3 hours)
- 304: 2 assignments and a practical assessment (5 hours)
- 305: 2 assignments and a written exam (1hr 30mins)
- 308: 2 assignments
There is also a common task assignment in each unit that only has to be completed once, to count for all the units.
Your Personal Tutor will prepare and support you for all assessments and online exams.
This course will lead you to the Level 3 course . You could go onto seek employment or gain a mature apprenticeship in this field, or continue to further your studies on a Level 4 course. Courses you could consider include design and verification, inspection and testing, or any of the many specialised areas that lie within the electrical field.