This course is designed for individuals who are liable to be exposed to asbestos whilst carrying out their normal everyday work, i.e. carpenters, roofers, electricians, general maintenance staff, painters, plumbers etc.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- There are no entry requirements but having the Level 2 Certificate in Health & Safety at Work would be beneficial
This course consists of the following modules:
- What is asbestos?
- Where asbestos is found
- Health effects of asbestos
- Risk Assessment
- Principle of control
- What the law says
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The types of products or materials likely to contain asbestos
You will be assessed via:
- Informally assessed throughout the day
- Complete a multiple choice exam overseen by the Tutor/Assessor
This course will lead to employment in the Construction Industry.