This course is designed for any member of staff required to be a Fire Marshal/Warden. (A requirement under the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2015 is that the Responsible Person nominates competent persons, Fire Marshals/Wardens, to assist in implementing the emergency procedures identified in their Fire Risk Assessment.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- There are no entry requirements
This course consists of the following modules:
- Role of a Fire Marshal/Warden
- Liaison with the Fire service
- Action on discovering a fire
- Fire safety legislation, common causes of fire
- Fire drills and evacuations
- Area/zone inspections
You will be assessed via:
- Informally assessed by tutor throughout the day
- Candidates will receive a Waltham Forest College Certificate of attendance for the course
This course will lead to you becoming a Fire Marshal/Fire Warden.