This course is designed for people who want a practical understanding of Fire Safety in the Workplace, in line with the training requirements expected from the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- There are no entry requirements, however it is recommended that candidates complete a Level 1 or 2 award in Health and Safety at Work which provides a solid grounding in basic health and safety knowledge and a useful springboard for study leading to other Level 2 Health & Safety Certificates
This course consists of the following modules:
- Understand basic fire safety and what to do in the event of an emergency
- Understand the principles of fire risk control
- Understand the basics of practical fire safety
- Understand the hazards and risks associated with fire in the workplace
- Understand how fire is controlled in the workplace
- Understand the role of nominated fire wardens/marshals
You will be assessed via:
- An informal assessment throughout the day and will then complete a multiple choice exam overseen by the Tutor/Assessor
This course will lead to a life-long learning certificate at Level 1 or 2 Award in Fire Safety.