This course is designed for 19+ adults who are unemployed, on low income (less than £23,302.50) or on benefits.
The Level 1 Award in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care is designed for those interested in pursuing a career in the Adult Care Sector.
You will be supported by 1-to-1 careers advise sessions and initial advice and guidance will help you to seek and gain employment after the course.
This is a 2 week course on which you will attend 5 days a week from 10am-3:30pm each day.
We have many start dates throughout the year for this course. Apply now to be contacted about the next date.
This course will lead to:
- Employment prospects
- Further education
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Resident of Waltham Forest, Redbridge, Enfield, Tower Hamlets or Stratford
- Unemployed, on low income (less than £23,302.50) or on benefits
- Eligible to work and live in the UK
We will require:
- Proof of ID
- Proof of address (separate to your ID)
This course consists of the following modules:
Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care:
- Introduction to the Adult Social Care Sector
- Awareness of the Skills and Attitudes needed to Work in Adult Social Care
- Awareness of Communication in Adult Social Care
- Awareness of the Roles and Responsibilities of the Adult Social Care Worker
- Introduction to the Values and Principles of Adult Social Care
You will be assessed via:
- Portfolio assessment
- Activity assessment