This course is designed for persons aged 16+. This qualification will give you an introduction to Mechanical and Electronic Engineering.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 1 (G) or above including English and Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
- Carry out Engineering Activities Efficiently and Effectively
- Using and Communicating Technical Information
- Carry out Routine Servicing of Mechanical Equipment
- Carry out Routine Servicing of Electrical and Electronic Equipment
Your course will be assessed via:
- Observation of your practical work by a qualified assessor
- Your industry knowledge will be assessed by short question papers, which will take place throughout your programme of study
This course will lead you to progression on to a level 2 course in engineering maintenance or design to further develop your skills in preparation for an apprenticeship.