This course is designed for 19+ adults.
This qualification will give you the skills to read fluently and write effectively.
Students will learn to demonstrate a confident control of standard English and they should be able to write grammatically correct sentences, deploy figurative language and analyse texts.
This course will lead to:
- Further education
- Higher education
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Functional Skills Level 2 qualification in English
- GCSE Grade D (3) or any other equivalent qualifications in English
- You will be required to complete an initial and diagnostic assessment in English followed by an informal interview
This course consists of the following modules:
- Spoken Endorsement
- Listen to and understand spoken language, and use spoken standard English effectively
Paper 1 - Explorations in creative reading and writing
The source for the reading questions will be a literature fiction text. It will be drawn from either the 20th or 21st century. The genre will be prose fiction.
Paper 2 - Writers' viewpoints and perspectives.
The sources for the reading questions will be non-fiction and literary non-fiction texts. They will be drawn from the 19th century and either the 20th or 21st century.
You will be assessed via:
- Spoken Endorsement Assessment
- Paper 1- Written examination
- Paper 2- Written examination