This course running during the evening is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will give you the skills to read fluently and write effectively. Students will learn to demonstrate a confident control of standard English and they should be able to write grammatically correct sentences, deploy figurative language and analyse texts.
This course will lead to Further Education, Higher Education or Employment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Functional Skills Level 2 qualification in English
• GCSE Grade D(3) or any other equivalent qualifications
• You will be required to complete an initial and diagnostic assessment in English followed by an informal interview
This course consists of the following modules:
• Spoken Endorsement
• Listen to and understand spoken language, and use spoken standard English effectively
Paper 1- Explorations in creative reading and writing
The source for the reading questions will be a literature fiction text. It will be drawn from either the 20th or 21st century. Its genre will be prose fiction.
Paper 2- Writers' viewpoints and perspectives
The sources for the reading questions will be non-fiction and literary non-fiction texts. They will be drawn from the 19th century, and either the 20th or 21st century.
You will be assessed via:
• Spoken Endorsement Assessment
• Paper 1- Written Examination
• Paper 2- Written Examination