This course is designed for 19+ Adults.
This qualification will allow you to develop the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life.
This course will lead to:
- Adult Literacy Entry Level 1 (Functional Skills)
- Adult Literacy Entry Level 2 (Functional Skills)
- Adult Literacy Entry Level 3 (Functional Skills)
- Adult Literacy Levels 1 and 2
- GCSE English Language
- Higher education or employment.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- There is no entry requirment to hold a previous qualification in English
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Speaking, listening and communication
- Respond appropriately to others and make some extended contributions in familiar formal and informal discussions and exchanges
- Read and understand the purpose and content of straight forward texts that explain, inform and recount information
- Write texts with some adaptation to the intended audience
You will be assessed via:
- Speaking, listening and communication (in-class discussion assessment)
- Reading (on-screen or paper-based assessment)
- Writing (on-screen or paper-based assessment)