This course is designed for 19+ adults.
This course aims to help people who would like a Functional Skills qualification in English but haven’t been in education for some time.
This course will lead to:
- Progression to the next level of Functional Skills
- Higher education
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You do not need formal qualifications, but you would be expected to complete a written assessment to place you on the correct level course.
- If you have previously gained a Functional Skills English qualification, you can enrol to the next level.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Speaking, listening and communication -Respond appropriately to others and make some extended contributions in familiar formal and informal discussions and exchanges
- Reading- Read and understand the purpose and content of straight forward texts that explain, inform and recount information
- Writing- Write texts with some adaptation to the intended audience
You will be assessed via:
- Two written exams (one for reading and one for writing)
- Speaking and Listening assessment