This course is designed for people aged 16-18. It will allow you to improve your English speaking, listening, reading and writing.
ESOL 16-18 gives you 12 hours a week of English and 3 hours of maths whether you are new to the UK or have been to school/college and have got qualifications up to Entry Level 3.
You can study English from beginner to Level 1 and maths from beginner to GCSE. This course also offers you a unique opportunity to study other subjects such as Music, Sports, Art, Interactive Media, Work Skills and Cooking.
You will also take part in work placements, enjoyable educational activities, trips and employability skills workshops.
The entry requirement for this course is:
- No previous qualifications necessary
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- 12 hours of English (beginner to Level 1) weekly
- 3 hours of Maths (beginner to GCSE) weekly
- Music, Sports, Art, Interactive Media, Work Skills and Cooking
- Trips and your choice of work experience
You will be assessed via:
- Ascentis ESOL assessments
- Edexcel Functional Skills Maths exams
This course will lead to a higher level ESOL course, a job or a vocational course.