This course is designed for 16-18 year old learners who would like to improve their GCSE Maths and English grades.
This qualification will allow you to progress to a higher-level course, apprenticeship or into employment.
This course will lead to:
- This course will lead to a higher-level course, such as a Level 2 or Level 3 qualification.
- Students can also progress to Apprenticeships or employment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Grade 3 (D) or below in GCSE English and Maths or subject to passing an English & maths assessment.
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
You will study both GCSE English and GCSE Maths, and receive tutorial support throughout the year. In addition, you will participate in meaningful work experience.
GCSE English Language
This course covers reading, writing, speaking and listening via:
- Analysing Fiction
- Analysing Non-Fiction
- Comparing Texts
- Developing good spelling, punctuation and grammar.
Skills covered include:
- Proportion and Rates of Change
- Data Handling and Statistics
- Geometry and Measure
You will be assessed via:
- Externally set examinations taking place mainly in the summer.
- However, you will also be assessed throughout the year to monitor your progress.