This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The City & Guilds Diploma in Fashion and Clothing Level 2 qualification will allow you to gain a formal qualification and learn how to design and construct garments which will provide you with practical experience for industry.
If you have a passion for fashion and want to develop your skills, this is the course for you. You will learn in industry standard studios and attend exhibitions.
This is a 1 year study programme scheduled over 2 days per week and will be a mixture of practical and theory lessons.
Through taught sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
This course will lead to:
- Level 3 course in fashion
- Level 3 apprenticeship
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You have to demonstrate a keen interest in Fashion and the processes involved in garment design and construction.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Develop design ideas
- Sampling fashion techniques
- Textile decoration
- Design & make fitted lined skirt/trousers.
- Design & make a dress
- Pattern cutting for a one-piece garment
- Pattern cutting for skirts and trousers
- Design and make a fashion accessory
- Understand how to work for a client to create a product
- Create a personal website using web design application templates
- Producing promotional publications
You will be assessed via:
- Continuous project-based assignments