This course is designed for 19+ adults.
This qualification will enable you to gain employment or continue onto to higher education.
There will be opportunity to work on a range of fashion briefs, which can lead students into an exciting range of career areas, for example, fashion design, retail buyer, garment technologist, fashion illustrator, merchandiser, fashion stylist, textile designer or personal stylist.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
This is a 1 year study programme scheduled over 2 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will be one of the below pathways:
• BA (Hons) course in related subject at university, or
• Level 4 HNC in related subject i.e. Fashion Design, Fashion & Textiles and Clothing.
• Employment: This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in intermediate level roles in the Creative Industries sector
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Merit in relevant Level 2 qualification, or
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including maths and English
• Portfolio of work
• Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
The course consists of the following:
• Health & safety in a fashion environment
• Professional practice in a fashion environment
• Communications fort eh fashion industry
• Introduction to the fashion industry
• Introduction to critical path.
• Administration for the fashion industry.
• Understanding studio management nin the fashion.
• Demonstrating materials handling & application.
• Demonstrating pattern construction techniques.
• Applying garment construction techniques for fashion production.
• Understanding buying & sourcing for the fashion industry.
• Demonstrating product management for the fashion industry
You will be assessed via:
• Project based assignment briefs
• Internal verifier
• Internal examining board
• External examiner