This course is designed for ages 16-19.
This qualification will allow you to understand and become a Creative Practitioner in the Fashion Industry.
There will be opportunity to work on a range of fashion briefs, which can lead students into an exciting range of career areas, for example, fashion design, retail buyer, garment technologist, fashion illustrator, merchandiser, fashion stylist, textile designer or personal stylist.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
This is a 2 year study programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Through tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, teamwork, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
Your progression from this qualification will be one of the below pathways:
• BA (Hons) course in related subject at university
• Employment: This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in intermediate level roles in the Creative Industries sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Merit in relevant Level 2 qualification, or
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including maths and English
• Portfolio of work
• Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
The course consists of the following:
• Research and product development
• Design and manufacture your own collection
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via:
• Project based assignment briefs
• Internal verifier
• Internal examining board
• External Examiner