This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will enable you to learn both aspects of Hairdressing and Media make-up.
It is for those learners with a keen interest in the Hair and Make-up industry who are looking to gain the necessary skills, knowledge and experience to enable you to perform your own salon services to a good level of occupational ability.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 2 (E) or above including English and Maths
- Acceptable school reference
- Informal interview & assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- The Art of Photographic Make-up
- Dressing Hair
- Body Art Design
- Cutting Womens Hair
- Plaiting and Twisting Hair
How will I be assessed?
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Written assignments
- Written / online tests
- Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients
This course will lead to the Level 3 Diploma in Hairdressing and Level 3 Diploma in Hair and Media Make-up.
For those considering employment the job roles available at Level 2 are:
- Junior stylist/ Make-up artist
- Salon Receptionist
- Sales representative