This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to work 4 days a week in a salon and attend college 1 day a week for theory and practical lessons.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 3 (D) and above including English and maths
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
- Interest and commitment
- Acceptable school reference
This course consists of the following modules:
- Client care
- Shampooing and conditioning
- Cutting and blow drying
- English and maths
You will be assessed via:
- Group and individual work
- Practical assessments
This course will lead to Hairdressing VRQ Level 3 or employment within a hairdressing salon or similar establishment or a Level 3 Apprenticeship.