This course is designed for 19 + Adults. This qualification will allow you to gain knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a Barber.
This course will give you the basic Barbering skills you need in cutting, creating patterns, styling, shaping and shampooing.
You will be supervised by technical staff and assessed on your occupational competence.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
- Satisfactory reference
This course consists of the following modules:
- Advise and consult with clients
- Give customers a positive impression of yourself and your organisation
- Cut hair using basic barbering techniques
- Cut facial hair to shape using basic techniques
- Dry and finish men's hair
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Create basic patterns in hair
- Ensure responsibility for actions to reduce risks to Health and Safety
You will be assessed via:
- Continual assessment throughout the course
- Written assignments
- Written/online tests
- Practical assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale
- Portfolios of collated study evidence
- In addition to timetabled classes there, is provision for independent study time. Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research and bring this to present and share in subsequent classes
This course will lead to progression to Level 3 Barbering. Continued studies will enable you to confidently start your own business venture or franchise, while higher education courses could qualify you for teaching or training posts.