This course is designed for 19 + Adults. This qualification will allow you to gain the requisite knowledge, understanding and skills to work competently as a Barber.
This course will give you the advanced Barbering skills you need in cutting, creating patterns, styling, shaving and colouring.
You will be supervised by qualified teaching staff and assessed on your occupational competence.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
- Those without a level 2 qualification will be asked to provide visual evidence of their skills and a satisfactory reference from their place of work
This course consists of the following modules:
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of barbering techniques
- Design and create a range of facial hair shapes
- Shaving and face massage services
- Design and create patterns in hair
With supporting core units covering:
- Monitor procedures to control safety at work
- Consultation services
- Promote additional services and products
- Financial effectiveness in business
You will be assessed via:
- Practical competence through continual formative and summative assessment (These assessments are undertaken on paying clients and must be completed in a commercially acceptable timescale)
- You must be able to demonstrate consistent performance to standards expected by employers in the Barbering industry
- A combination of written or online assignments and tests are also required to demonstrate underpinning knowledge in the subject
- All evidence is collated to form a portfolio of your achievements throughout your course
- In addition to timetabled classes, you will be expected to make provision for independent study time during your course
Students will undertake independent learning, investigation and research outside the classroom and bring this to college to present and share in subsequent classes.
This course will lead to career opportunities for the enterprising Barber; from small, select provincial salons to large city salons and ocean liners; as well as business and enterprise options in film, television, training and product development.Continued studies will enable you to confidently start your own business venture or franchise, while higher education courses could qualify you for teaching or training posts.