This course is designed for students age 17-19 who wish to gain a qualification that reflects an advanced level of hairdressing in creative and technical skills.
It will also be useful for those who may be seeking to develop their careers in training and supervisory management roles within the sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Level 2 Hairdressing qualification
- Salon placement and satisfactory reference
- Informal interview & assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Monitor Procedures to Safely Control Work Operations
- Promote Additional Services or Products to Clients
- Provide Hairdressing Consultation Services
- Creatively Cut Hair Using a Combination of Techniques
There are a number of optional units which can be added to fulfil qualification requirements
Optional units - Group 1 (See website for more details):
- Colour Hair Using a Variety of Techniques
- Provide Colour Correction Services
- Creatively Style and Dress Hair
You will be assessed via:
- Practical competence
- Written assignments
- Online tests
- Practical assessments
- Portfolios of collated study evidence
This course will lead to career opportunities for the enterprising hairdresser; from small, select provincial salons, large city salons, ocean liners, business and enterprise, film, television, training and product development.
Continued studies will enable you to confidently start your own business venture or franchise, while higher education courses could qualify you for teaching or training posts.