The NVQ Diploma in Hairdressing Level 3 course is designed for 19+ adults who wish to gain a qualification that reflects an advanced level of hairdressing in creative and technical skills.
It will also be useful for those who may be seeking to develop their careers in training and supervisory management roles within the sector.
Course fee: £3,345. You may be eligible to study this course for free or access financial support.
This course will lead to:
- Career opportunities for the enterprising hairdresser; from small, select provincial salons, large city salons, ocean liners, business and enterprise, film, television, training and product development.
- Continued studies will enable you to confidently start your own business venture or franchise.
- Higher education courses could qualify you for teaching or training posts.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Level 2 Hairdressing qualification
- Salon placement and satisfactory reference
- Informal interview & assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
- Promote additional services or products to clients
- Provide hairdressing consultation services
- Creatively cut hair using a combination of techniques
There are several optional units which can be added to fulfil qualification requirements:
- Colour hair using a variety of techniques
- Provide colour correction services
- Creatively style and dress hair
You will be assessed via:
- Practical competence
- Written assignments
- Online tests
- Practical assessments
- Portfolios of collated study evidence