This course is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to pursue a career working with adults and/or children in the community. With the current national shortage of qualified Care Professionals, there is no better time than now to carve out a career within the Care industry.
Applicants for this course have a clear idea of their professional goals, with the intention of gaining a nationally recognised qualification in the field of Health and Social Care. This course is equal to the first year of study for a university degree.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- A relevant level 3 qualification (Access HE Diploma, BTEC Extended Diploma level 3 (120 credits), 2 A-levels), GCSE English grade C(4-5) or level 2 equivalent and Level 1 Maths/Numeracy
- be in a voluntary role or paid work delivering front line direct care to clients or service users in a health and social care field
- You will be required to attend an interview which will include completing an assessment based on your prior qualification
This course consists of the following modules:
- Communicating in Health and Social Care
- Principles of Health and Social Care Practice
- Health and Safety in the Health and Social Care Workplace
- Personal and Professional Development in Health and Social Care
- Working in Partnership in Health and Social Care
- Physiological Principles for Health and Social Care
- Managing Financial Resources in Health and Social Care
You will be assessed via:
- Group work
- Role play
- Written assignments
This course will lead to progression onto our Higher National Diploma (HND) course, some take the apprenticeship or employment option.