This course is designed for 19+ adults.
In the Pearson BTEC Level 5 Higher National Diploma (HND) in Healthcare Practice course you will develop the professional Healthcare Sector skills and knowledge needed to meet the demands of employers and to adapt to a constantly changing healthcare environment.
This is a 2-year course.
* This course will run from October 2023. All students will be registered by London Metropolitan University.
All Higher Education courses taught in partnership with London Metropolitan University undergo a rigorous process of approval before students can enrol. The partnership and courses are currently going through the approval / validation process. Partnership and course approval / validation involves external subject experts and academic staff from across the University and Waltham Forest College. Courses are reviewed and revalidated every three to five years. For further information regarding the approval status of this course please contact email@example.com.
Year one of this course is the equivalent to an HNC, covering the Level 4 modules needed to work towards the HND.
On completion of the HND in Healthcare Practice, learners can seek employment in the Healthcare Sector, for example as:
- Healthcare Assistant
- Support Worker
- Healthcare Administration Manager
- Health Educator
- Health Advisor
Or can continue their studies by completing a degree in Healthcare.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- GCSE English and maths at grades A* (9) to C (4) or equivalent.
- You must have a Level 3 qualification such as BTEC Level 3 Diploma, Access to HE Diploma, or A-Levels in Healthcare or a related subject.
- Related work experience
If you have international qualifications, you must:
- Hold the equivalent of the above Level 3 qualifications.
- Satisfy the minimum English requirement: Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR) level B2; PTE Academic 51, or IELTS 5.5 (reading and writing must be at 5.5).
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Law, policy and ethical practice in health and social care
- Demonstrating professional principles and values in health and social care practice
- Supporting the individual journey through integrated health and social care
- Fundamentals of evidence-based practice
- Effective reporting and record-keeping in health and social care services
- Anatomy and physiology for health & ill health
- Supporting Dementia Care
- Innovation and Improvement through Action Research
- Reflective Approaches in Implementing Person-centred Practice
- Supporting Individuals through Significant Life Events
- Supporting Team and Partnership Working Across Health and Social Care Services
- Holistic Approaches to Health Promotion
- Managing Quality in Care Environments
- Team and Individual Leadership: Mentoring and Coaching Others
You will be assessed via:
- Practical assessments
- Data analysis
- Case studies
- Both open and closed book
- Reflective activities
- Written reports
- Work Placements