This course is designed for 19+ Adults. This qualification will allow you to gain a nationally-recognised qualification in the field of Health and Social Care.
The Caring Profession offers a variety of rewarding careers working with adults and/or children in the community. With the current national shortage of qualified Care Professionals, there is no better time than now to carve out a career within the Care industry.
This course is equal to the second year of university degree study.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- A HNC Level 4 Health Care Practice (Integrated Health and Social Care) Health and Social care, GCSE English grade C(4-5) or level 2 equivalent and Level 1 Maths/Numeracy
- You will be required to attend an interview which will include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Research Project
- Understanding Specific Needs in Health and Social Care
- Supporting Independent Living
- Supporting Significant Life Events
- Employability Skills
- Facilitating Change in Health & Social Care
- Managing Quality in Health and Social Care
- Health Promotion
You will be assessed via:
- Group work
- Role play
- Written assignments
This course will lead to progression on a one year Top-up degree at university in a related field. Alternatively, you could take up employment with a Health or Social Care related organisation.