This course is designed for ages 16 - 19. This qualification will allow you to work in a variety of rewarding careers working with adults or children in the community.
With a national shortage of qualified care professionals there could be no better time to work in the care industry. If you want an opportunity to gain a broad knowledge and understanding of and develop skills in the health and social care sector then we offer courses at all levels from level one to level three which will enable you to secure a worthwhile career or to progress to university.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 5 GCSE's Grade 3 (D) and above including English and Maths
- Successful enhanced DBS check
- Informal interview & assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Effective Communication in Health and Social Care
- Health and Social Care Values
- Vocational Experience in a Health and Social Care Setting
- Healthy Living
- English and Maths (if required)
You will be assessed via:
- Work placement
This course will lead to Edexcel BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 3, any of the short courses in health and social care, employment opportunities within the health and social care industry.