This course is designed for 19+ Adults
Our level 2 Pre Access- Health, Social Care and Social Work is designed for people who would like to progress to higher levels of study, who have no formal qualifications.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at level 3. The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including:
• Team work
• Problem solving
• Thinking and independent study skills
The course is one- years and scheduled over 2 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
Your progression from this qualification will be to:
Access to Higher Education course in:
• Nursing and Midwifery
• Social Science
The entry requirements for this course are:
• No formal qualification required, however, you will be required to attend a formal interview and demonstrate evidence of creative ability
• You will study Function Skills maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress to an Access to Higher Education.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
You will study a wide range of units that will prepare you for studying an Access to Higher Education, these include:
• The Living Body
• Planning a Career in Health, Social Care or Social Work
• Introduction to Sociology
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
We will use a range of assessment methods to test your knowledge and understanding, these include:
• Essays and reports
• Leaflets and posters
• External exams
• Tutor observations