This course is designed for 16-19 year olds
This course has been developed in collaboration with employers and businesses so that the content meets the needs of industry and prepares you for work.
The course will offer students a mixture of classroom learning and on-the-job experience during an industry placement.
This qualification will allow you to gain knowledge and understanding of a range of services within health & social care and different job roles.
This course will lead to:
- This course will allow you to progress onto a T-Level course or an appropriate Level 3 vocational program.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 5 GCSEs at grade 4 and above including maths, English and science.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Human lifespan development
- Healthy living
- Human body systems and care of disorders
- An introduction to basic First Aid
- Infection control in health & social care
You will be assessed via:
- Placement (100 hours)
- Two external exams