This course is suitable for learners aged 16-19 and 19+ adults.
This qualification aims to introduce learners to the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work, and some of the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
This qualification gives learners the opportunity to investigate the knowledge and skills needed to use counselling skills and engage in a helping interaction appropriately.
This qualification does not qualify learners to practise as a counsellor.
The course is scheduled for 1 day per week.
You are also expected to do self-directed learning outside of college.
Your progression from this qualification will be either:
• Level 3 Award in Counselling Skills and Theory
• Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills
The entry requirements for this course are:
• There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification, however, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
This course consists of the following modules:
• Using counselling skills
• Introduction to counselling skills theories
• Diversity and ethics in the use of counselling skills
• Counselling skills and personal development
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via a variety of methods including:
• Assignments, group work and participation in class.
• You will also by assessed by observation of your skills practise