This course is designed for people who would like to study Social Science and Humanities related subjects and who would like to progress onto University to study a Social Science or Humanities related degree.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You will be required to attend an interview which will include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course includes the following modules:
- Sociology of the family
- Human Rights for the Twenty First Century
- Understanding the impact of crime
- Introduction to criminology
- Atypical Development and Abnormal Behaviour
- Aspects of Social Psychology
You will be assessed via:
- Discussions and oral presentations
All assessment methods help to prepare you for the transition onto University and to be a success.
This course will lead to degree programmes such as Social Work and Community Related studies, Youth Work, Education studies, Humanities courses including English Literature, Psychology and Sociology as well as Early Years and Teaching - for Teaching, and some other degree University entry, you will need GCSEs prior to entry.