This qualification is suitable for learners aged 16+ and above.
This qualification aims to provide learners with in-depth knowledge of the use of counselling skills in everyday life and work and the approaches that underpin the use of these skills.
This qualification is ideal for those seeking to enhance their functional role through the use of counselling skills.
Learners will gain an understanding of a range of counselling skills and have the opportunity to examine some of the various schools of thought/theoretical models associated with them.
This qualification does not qualify learners to practise as a counsellor.
The course is scheduled for 1 day per week.
You are also expected to do self-directed learning outside of college.
You dont need to have any specific prior learning requirements to take this qualification, but you may find it helpful if youve already achieved the NCFE CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Counselling Skills or a similar qualification.
This course consists of the following modules:
- Developing counselling skills
- Theoretical approaches in the use of counselling skills
- Working ethically with counselling skills
- Counselling skills and diversity
- Counselling skills and personal development
To be awarded the Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills learners are required to successfully complete 5 mandatory units.
The Level 3 Diploma in Counselling Skills is internally assessed
You will be assessed by:
- Assignments, group work and participation in class.
- You will also by assessed by observation of your skills practise.
The objectives of this qualification are to help learners to:
- progress to similar qualifications at a higher level
- progress to a role in which counselling skills are used.
This qualification does not qualify you to practice as a counsellor. However, it can support your progression within employment in a number of roles including:
- Support worker (supported living)
- Healthcare support service worker
- Clinical healthcare support worker
- Mental health support worker
- Information, advice and guidance worker
- Health education/health promotion worker