This course is designed for 16-19 year olds.
Our Health and Social Care Level 3 course is a 2 year course which is ideal for those wishing to work in a variety of health and social care careers by progressing their learning to Level 3 and moving on to university once successfully completed.
Throughout the course you will be trained and assessed to achieve a BTEC qualification as well as receive over 100 hours of work experience in a health and social care related environment.
This course will provide you with an understanding of the skills and knowledge required to apply for numerous health and social care related degrees once successfully completed or to work in a range of health and social care settings.
The course is scheduled over 3-4 days per week depending on your age group and maths/English needs.
You are also expected to attend your work placement setting as part of the course.
Your progression from this qualification will be:
• Health & social care related degree at university, including, nursing, midwifery, allied health professionals, public health and health and social care management.
• Employment in a health & social care setting
The entry requirements for this course are:
• Merit and/or good reference from relevant Level 2 qualification, or
• 4 GCSEs at Grade 4 (C) or above including maths and English (depending on your age group)
• Clear & enhanced DBS clearance (provided by College)
• Interview and assessment
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
You will be trained and assessed across the following areas:
• Equality & Diversity
• Health & Safety
• Human Lifespan
• Personal Professional Development
• Infection prevention
• Anatomy and physiology
• Public health
• Sociological and psychological perspectives
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via a variety of methods including:
• Professional discussion
• Group work and participation in class
• You will also by assessed by observation of your practise at your work experience setting