This course is designed for 19+ adults.
Our Access to Higher Education Diploma in Nursing and Midwifery Level 3 is designed to provide the aspiring nurses and midwives a route into nursing or midwifery degrees.
The course content focuses on the core knowledge and skills you need to successfully progress to study at degree level in your chosen subject.
The teaching and learning methods will give you opportunities to develop transferable skills including:
- Problem solving
- Thinking and independent study skills
The course is one year and scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory and practical lessons.
This course will lead to:
- Higher Education Degree
The entry requirements for this course are:
- You must be aged 19+
- GCSE Grade 4 (C) or above, including both maths and English Language or Functional Skills Level 2 in both maths and English.
If you have only one of the above qualification requirements, e.g. one level 1 in maths or English then:
- You will be required to complete an assessment and enrol for this qualification, to achieve the Level 2.
All applicants will be required to attend a formal interview to confirm the course is suitable for them.
This course consists of some of the following modules:
- Human anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to healthcare
- Safeguarding children, young people and/or Vulnerable adults
- Care principles
- An introduction to health and disease
- Sociology of health
You will be assessed via:
- Essays and reports
- Leaflets and posters
- External exams
- Tutor observations