This course is designed for 19+ adults.
The NCFE CACHE Diploma in Adult Care course is suitable for learners who wish to work or are working in a variety of different settings within the NHS and private care facilities.
This qualification will support learners to develop the knowledge and skills required to work in a range of clinical healthcare support settings and in adult care environments.
This course will lead to:
- Lead adult care worker
- Senior care support worker
- Lead personal assistant
- Progression onto Level 4 Diploma in Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care
- Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s Services (England)
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Learners will need to be working, volunteering or on practical placement to be able to show competence in both knowledge and skills.
You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications.
The qualification is formed of mandatory and optional units. The mandatory units cover core competencies while the optional units allow learners to choose from a variety of areas to tailor the qualification to their needs, interests and to reflect the context of their work.
It covers a wide range of areas including:
- Dementia awareness
- Mental health and well-being
- Supporting individuals with their physical and emotional care
- Daily living needs
- Healthcare procedures
You will be assessed via:
- Placement observations