This course is designed for anyone aged 16+ with a keen interest in starting a career in health and social care.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- There are no formal entry requirements however a good level of written and spoken English is required
- Successful enhanced DBS check (previously known as CRB, police check)
- You will be required to attend an informal interview which may include completing an assessment based on your prior qualifications
This course consists of the following modules:
- Personal development
- Equality and inclusion
- Duty of care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Safeguarding and protection
- Person-centred approaches
- Health and safety and handling information
- Employment Responsibilities and Rights
- Functional Skills qualifications in English and maths
You will be assessed via:
- Workplace assessments and observations of performance
This course is a mixture of competence and knowledge units which will all be delivered in the workplace.
This course will lead to career paths in the health and social care industry.