This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to work as a creative in digital media design, game design, publishing, visual effects, advertising and marketing businesses.
This course will help you develop the abilities to work independently and in teams, to a client brief, to create original visual content for a range of digital media. Where appropriate students can also work with external clients and organisations.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above including English and Maths
- Or progression from an appropriate level 1 qualification
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Contextual References in Art and Design
- 2D Visual Communication
- 3D Visual Communication
- Using Ideas to Explore, Develop and Produce Art and Design
- Building an Art and Design Portfolio
- Working in the Art and Design Industry
- Working with Graphic Design Briefs
- Working with Interactive Media
You will be assessed via:
- Project based assignment briefs
- Internal verifier
- Internal examining board
- External examiner
This course will lead to progression onto the Level 3 creative course, apprenticeships or employment.