This course is designed for ages 16-19.
This course will allow you to work as a creative in digital media design, game design, publishing, visual effects, advertising and marketing businesses.
This course will help you develop the abilities to work independently and in teams, to a client brief, to create original visual content for a range of digital media platforms.
This is a study programme scheduled over 3 days per week and will be a mixture of theory, practical and online lessons.
Thorough tutorial sessions, you will be supported to enhance wider employability skills including project management, team work, research, communication and presentation skills alongside your time management.
Your progression from this qualification will be either of the below pathways:
• Level 3 course in media.
• Level 3 apprenticeship.
• This qualification will give you the skills required to gain employment in entry level roles in the Creative Industries Sector.
The entry requirements for this course are:
• 4 GCSEs at 3 (D) or above including maths and English, or
• Progression from a relevant Level 1 qualification
• Interview and assessment.
If required, you will have the opportunity to study GCSE maths and/or English alongside your course so you can progress onto the next level.
This course consists of the following areas of study:
• Contextual references in art and design
• 2d visual communication
• 3d visual communication
• Using ideas to explore, develop and produce art and design
• Building an art and design portfolio
• Working in the art and design industry
• Working with graphic design briefs
• Working with interactive media
This course is supported by our Create Your Future Programme. An online curriculum, specially tailored to your course and level, to help you develop essential workplace skills, strengthen your independence, boost confidence and increase progression opportunities.
You will be assessed via:
• Project based assignment briefs
• Internal verifier
• Internal examining board
• External Examiner