This course is designed for ages 16-19. This qualification will allow you to understand and become a creative practitioner in the digital media industry.
It is a two year programme providing a broad based art, design and media programme, which can lead students into an exciting range of career areas for example; Digital Media, Game Design, Publishing, Visual Effects, Advertising and Marketing businesses.
The course is supported by regular trips to galleries and museums as well as location research trips. All students are involved in setting up and exhibiting in the end of year exhibition.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Merit in a relevant level 2 qualification
- 4 GCSEs at 4-5 (C) or above including English, Maths and an Arts subject
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Image Manipulation using Computer Applications
- Website Design,
- Digital Storytelling
- 2D and 3D Animation
- Digital Video Production for Interactive Media
- Drawing Concept Art for Computer Games
- Communication through Art and Design
You will be assessed via:
- Project based assignment briefs
- Internal verifier
- Internal examining board
- External examiner
This course will lead to progression onto a university course, higher apprenticeships, employment or an internship in Digital Design, Advertising, Game Development, Publishing or Animation.