This course is designed for ages 16-18. This qualification will allow you to prepare for a career in the uniformed public services. Students will gain an understanding of this industry in general and an insight into the various career options available. We have close links with the Police Force, Fire Service, Military and other public sector organisations.
The course will also include visits and enrichment.
- 4 GCSEs at 1 (G) or above including English & Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Public Service Careers
- Improving Health and Fitness for Entry into the Uniformed Public Services
- Personal Skills for the Public Services
- Forensic Detection
- Practical Teamwork in the Public Service
- Map Reading Using OS Maps
- Public Services: Assisting the Public
- Planning and Participating in an Event
- Public Service Project
- Introduction to Expedition Skills
You will be assessed via:
- Practical activity
- Study visits
- Team building
This course will lead to progression to a BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Public Services or employment within industry.