This course is designed for ages 16-18. This qualification will allow you to prepare for a career in the uniformed public services.
Students will gain an understanding of this industry in general and an insight into the various career options available to them. We have close links with the Police Force, Fire Service, Military and other public sector organisations.
Students will also take part in practical team building exercises and leadership activities, which include visits to the Services. The course will also include visits and enrichment.
- 4 GCSEs at Grade 2 (E) or above including English & Maths
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Public Service Skills
- Employment in the Uniformed Public Services
- Career Planning in the Public Services
- Improving Health and Fitness for Entry to the Uniformed Public Services
- Law and its Impact on the Individual in Public Services
- Crime and its Effects on Society
- Volunteering in Public Services
You will be assessed via:
- Practical activity
- Study visits
- Team building
This course will lead to progression to a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Public Services or employment within industry.