This course is designed for ages 16-18. This qualification will allow you to prepare for a career in the uniformed public services.
Students will gain an understanding of this industry in general and an insight into the various career options available to them. We have close links with the Police Force, Fire Service, Military and other public sector organisations.
Students will also take part in practical team building exercises and leadership activities, which include visits to the Services.
The course will also include study visits, residentials and enrichment.
The entry requirements for this course are:
- BTEC Level 3 Extended Subsidiary Diploma in Public Services (9 Unit)
- Interview and assessment
This course consists of the following modules:
- Unlawful Homicide & Police Powers
- Fitness Testing & Training
- Understand the Impact of War, Conflict and Terrorism
- Responding to Emergency Service Incidents
- Police Powers in the Public Services
- Behaviour in Public Service Employment
- Contract Law
- Extended Research in Public Services
- Current and Media Affairs in Public Services
You will be assessed via:
- Practical activity
- Study visits
- Team building
This course will lead to employment within the uniformed public services or business sector or progression into Higher Education.