This course is designed for 16-18-year olds.
The BTEC National Extended Diploma in Uniformed Protective Services Level 3 course gives you the option of studying across two years allowing you to progress into university or employment.
This qualification will allow you to prepare for a career in the uniformed public services. Students will gain an understanding of this industry in general and an insight into the various career options available to them. We have close links with the Police Force, Fire Service, Military and other public sector organisations.
Students will also take part in practical team building exercises and leadership activities, which include visits to the Services. The course will also include visits and enrichment.
You will also be expected to attend work experience as part of this course and will take part in overnight expedition trips.
This course is scheduled over 3-4 days per week.
This course will lead to:
- Employment within the Public Services
The entry requirements for this course are:
- Merit in relevant Level 2 qualification, or
- GCSEs Grades 4 (C) or above including maths and English
- Successful enhanced DBS check
- Informal interview and assessment
- Successful completion of year 1 at merit or above
- Completion of work experience
- Tutor feedback and yearly report
This course consists of the following modules:
- Government, policies and the public services
- Fitness testing & training for the uniformed public services
- Crime and its effect on society
- Responding to emergency service incidents
- Custodial care services
- Current and media affairs in public services
As part of this course learners will be expected to take part in weekly drill sessions in full Uniform.
You will be assessed via:
- Written work
- Practical activity
- Study visits
- Team building activities
All assessments will give you an opportunity to pass at one of the following three standards:
The course progression also requires the completion of a 36-hour work placement and logbook within the relevant setting/voluntary organisation.